Spotify is a music streaming service that it is likely to become highly popular soon. Spotify offers you legal and free access to a huge library of music. All you need to do is create an account and download our streaming music player.
Well, it turns out Spotify doesn’t actually care all that much about your physical location, just where your web traffic’s coming from. And, with the right virtual private network (VPN) service, your web traffic can appear to come from anywhere you want.
A VPN service acts as an invisible buffer between your computer and the internet. Though the experience of using the Internet is the same — if maybe a bit slower — all of your incoming and outgoing data is encrypted and routed through a private, secure gateway. If your gateway is in a foreign country, as far as the rest of the internet’s concerned, you’re in that foreign country too. When it comes to accessing content that’s geographically restricted by IP address (“geolocked” or “geoblocked”) like Spotify, that’s a wonderfully useful thing.
- Once you’re set up with a VPN provider, choose a Spotify-friendly gateway through which to route your traffic — London and Manchester, for example, are good options for Anglophones using VpnTraffic — and open up http://spotify.com/uk/ in your browser of choice. (If you find that you get any “Spotify isn’t supported in your country yet”-style messages, simply select a different gateway or port until you find one that works. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.)
- Click on “Get Spotify” link at the top of the page.
You’ll be presented with various subscription options. For the moment, select Get Spotify Open.
- Fill in the login credential forms and click on the big orange next-step button at the bottom of the screen.
- Spotify will now ask you for certain personal details. The service doesn’t require a valid email address, just a name, sex, birthdate and a real postcode from your pretend country of origin (try Google Maps!). When finished, make sure the relevant boxes are checked and click once again on the big orange button.
- When prompted, reaffirm that you’d like to sign up for Spotify Open and, for the last time, click on the orange button.
- Now that you’re signed up, Spotify will direct you to the correct download link for your operating system.
Signing In, Logging On
- Install and launch Spotify.
- Making sure that you’re still logged into the same VPN gateway you used to sign up for your account, enter your login information and log in. (As a general matter, you’ll want to be signed into the gateway any time you launch the app.)
- Once the Spotify is up and running, you’re good to go. You can shut off the VPN or hop over to a local, domestic gateway for improved speed.
- Because Spotify allows Spotify Open users a certain amount of “abroad” listening time, you needn’t fret about being detected or losing your account.
What you need is a VPN account !
$5 Package = 1 Account = VPN servers of US, AU, UK, CA, RU, Italy, Japan, Korea, HK, etc.
One Year/365 days
Multi-VPN server package include:
Hong Kong Vietnam Philippines Thailand Indonesia Malaysia China Singapore India
Mexico United Arab Emirates Turkey Colombia Kuwait Cyprus
Brazil Argentina Chile Egypt Israel Saudi Arabia South Africa Kenya