I am getting VPN ERROR (619) when trying to connect.
- Some firewall between you and our VPN servers blocks the PPTP VPN connection - TCP port 1723 or GRE protocol.
- You have disabled "VPN passthrough" option in your ADSL/WIRELESS/NAT router.
- PPTP VPN is blocked by your ISP.
- Bug in Windows system or ADSL/NAT/WIRELESS router.
Try to follow next steps:
- Disable your Windows Firewall or Norton Antivirus or another software which could block GRE protocol or port TCP 1723. Then try to connect.
- If it still doesn't work then remove your VPN connection from Windows, reboot your computer and configure VPN connection again. Be sure that latest Windows update is installed. Again try to connect.
- If it still doesn't work then reboot your ADSL/NAT/WIRELESS router. Be sure that the latest firmware is installed. Try to connect.
- if still doesn't work be sure that you have enabled the "VPN passthrough" option in your ADSL/WIRELESS/NAT router configuration.
- if it still doesn't work then try to connect directly without the router. Try to connect on different internet connection.
- Use the OpenVPN solution which we provide on non-standard ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) and it should work to you.
$5 Package=One Account=US,AU,UK,CA,Russia,Italy,Spain,Japan,Korea,HK,India,etc.
One Year/365 days
Multi-VPN server package include:
Denmark Switzerland Ireland Poland Romania Czech Republic Japan Hong Kong Korea
Vietnam Philippines Thailand Indonesia Malaysia China Singapore India
Mexico United Arab Emirates Turkey Colombia Kuwait
Brazil Argentina Egypt Israel Saudi Arabia South Africa