You need to install 2 packages, use Synaptic or the Command line if you prefer (If you do the first, it will install the second as a dependency):
Network Connection icon –> VPN Connections –> Configure VPN
At the Network Connections window click on: Add
Click on: Create
Once you click on “Create” you to get the edit window, these are its sections explained:
1) Connection Name: Type VPNMaster here.
2) Gateway: Enter the server address here.
3) Username and Password: Enter Username and password of the VPN network you are connecting to.
4) NT Domain: Leave this field empty.
Click on the “Avanced” button
Under the “Authentication” section
- Uncheck PAP and EAP
- Check CHAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPv2
- Check “Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)”
- Select the type of encryption used on you network. Usually “128-bit (most secure)”
- Uncheck all other settings except “Send PPP echo packets”
- Click “OK”
Back on the Ubuntu VPN client editing window…
- Click on the IPv4 settings tab
1) Leave Method on “Automatic VPN”
2) Click on Routes
1) Address: Enter the internal IP address of the machine you want to connect to
2) Netmask: Netmask of the remote network
3) Gateway: Gateway of the remote network (Usually internal IP address of remote router)
4) Metric: Set Metric to 1
Once you finish reboot your computer and you are done!
What is a VPN?
VPN’s (Virtual Private Network’s) were first used by companies to enable their employees to securely access internal systems such as email remotely (e.g. from home or while on business trips). Today they are increasingly being used for personal use by individuals to protect their privacy while online in public places (e.g. when using the wi-fi connection in a cafe) or in a country where the internet is censored / blocked (e.g. China, Saudi Arabia…).
Why do I need a VPN?
Whether you’re an expat living in a foreign country where the internet is heavily regulated, a mobile user constantly on the road, or just someone concerned with maintaining their privacy online, having a VPN is becoming essential.
VpnTraffic-1 tap vpn for Android,35+ Countries servers.Fast and Stable!
VpnTraffic - Unblock your Internet, Bypass location-based blocks! Select a server location to connect to,40+ Countries VPN servers worldwide.Support pptp and l2tp/ipsec.
If you need Unblock all websites Including Facebook, Twitter, and more?
If you need Change your IP address?
If you need Watch BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the World?
If you need Watch Netflix Outside the US?
- 1 tap connect to our vpn server,Free setup!
- Save username/passwords,only need select a server location to connect to
- No bandwidth limitations
- Encrypts your internet traffic
- Unblock government and corporate restrictions,Bypass location-based blocks.
- Unlimited switches between VPN server locations (35+ Countries Around the world)
- Support pptp and l2tp/ipsec
- Works with wifi, 3G, GSM, and all mobile data carriers
What you need is a VPN account !
$5 Package = 1 Account = VPN servers of US, AU, UK, CA, RU, Italy, Japan, Korea, HK, etc.
One Year/365 days
Multi-VPN server package include:
Hong Kong Vietnam Philippines Thailand Indonesia Malaysia China Singapore India
Japan Korea Mexico United Arab Emirates Turkey Colombia Kuwait Cyprus
Brazil Argentina Chile Egypt Israel Saudi Arabia South Africa Kenya